Welcome to Year 4 - The Marvellous Monkeys!
This year Mrs Morgan-Meek (Mon, Tues) and Mrs Brabbs (Weds, Thurs, Fri) will be job sharing the class alongside Mrs Fisher.
This term we will be learning all about the Vikings. We will look at where the Vikings came from, where they settled, how they lived and their daily life within a settlement.
As we have such a busy timetable in Year 4, I have included a few reminders below:
- P.E -Monday afternoons will be a fun filled afternoon of sport. Please ensure your child has both indoor and outdoor pe kits. These include football boots, trainers, tracksuit and a water bottle.
- Swimming - Each Thursday during the Autumn term, we will be having weekly swimming session at St Wilfrids. Children need to bring a small healthy snack for breaktime, as the children won't return until 1pm for lunch. Please ensure children have a suitable coat to walk to and from the swimming pool.
- Forest school lead by Mrs Brabbs - Friday afternoon your child will need warm outdoor clothing with a raincoat and wellies for when the weather starts to become colder
- Spelling test - Wednesdays and Fridays - children are tested and are expected to get 9/10 twice before moving on to the next set of spellings.
- Library - The children will have access to the Ackworth Library (which comes into school) each month.