The time of the year has come again, where Mrs Reynolds and I , welcome new children in to Year Six. How exciting!
Our class name is 'The Epic Eagles' as we will be soaring high to success this year.
My name is Miss Bakewell, I will be the class teacher and Mrs Reynolds will be the teaching assistant within our classroom this year.
Between us our aim is to support your child in reaching their full potential. If you ever feel the need to talk to us about anything, our door is always open.
- Our P.E day is Thursday- please ensure that your child has their full indoor and outdoor kit every week (as the weather is so unpredictable and we are now entering the cold, winter months!)
- Homework is set on a Monday and is expected in on the following Monday.
- The School Library Service come into school every other Thursday. Please could you ensure that your child has their library book on this day so they can renew or exchange it.
- In Year 6, our spelling tests take place on Thursdays. Please ensure that your child has practiced the words from the 100 word spelling challenge sheet and if they require a new sheet let me know.
- Finally, as a school we subscribe to several websites to aid and improve your child's learning: Spelling Shed, an interactive game to practice spellings and Time Tables Rockstars, an interactive game to practice times tables on.
In the Autumn term, Year Six will be studying 'The Groovy Greeks' in History/ Geography.
In Science, we will be studying Electricity and Light.
Our main focus in P.E will be Netball, where we will focus on improving our hand- eye coordination, passing skills and knowledge/rules of the game.
In computing, we will be starting to explore the world of blogging by learning how to make our posts interesting and exciting through including various presentation devices, pictures and video links.