Our class name is 'The Epic Eagles' as we will be soaring high to success this year.
My name is Miss Hudson, I will be the class teacher alongside Mrs Kerr. Mrs Reynolds and Mrs Tate will be our teaching assistants within our classroom this year.
Between us, our aim is to support your child in fulfilling their potential. If you ever feel the need to talk to us about anything, our door is always open.
As a school, we subscribe to several websites to aid and improve your child's learning: Time Tables Rockstars, an interactive game to practice times tables on, ReadTheory, a website filled with comprehension style activities and SPAG.com, an online, SATS-style quiz that is linked to the Y6 grammar objectives. All children should have their details for TT Rockstars already and will receive their login information for the other two websites when we return in September.
1) Below is a document that includes plenty of Maths SATS papers with links to Youtube videos on how to solve every problem incase your child gets stuck.
2) Below is a website that has several PDF links to past English SATS papers, including the reading, grammar and spelling papers. It also has mark schemes for you to easily download:
3) Below is a website that has several PDF links to past Arithmetic and Reasoning SATS papers. It also has mark schemes for you to easily dowload:
4) Below is a website that has several links to MC Grammar Youtube videos which are raps specifically written about the Y6 Grammar related objectives:
- Our P.E day will be Wednesday (this could change) - please ensure that your child has their trainers as well as their full indoor and outdoor kit every week (as the weather is so unpredictable and we are now entering the cold, winter months!)
In the Spring term, Year Six will be studying 'The Malicious Mayans' in History and Geography.
In Science, we will be studying the circulatory system and learning all about our heat and lungs.
Our main focus in P.E will be Netball, where we will focus on improving our hand- eye coordination, passing skills and knowledge/rules of the game. The children will also be entering an inter-class tournament, where each team will be challenged to win the trophy for this half term.
In computing, we will be exploring the world of coding by learning how to create our own games from scratch; how to create a vlog, using a green screen and professional equipment and also collecting and handling data.